Microlife Blood Pressure Monitor B3 AFIB Advanced
Microlife Blood Pressure Monitor B3 AFIB Advanced
The Microlife BP B3 AFIB Advanced is designed for detection of Atrial Fibrillation (AF) during blood pressure measurement at home. AF is one of the most common causes of stroke, but there are often no symptoms to recognise it. The BP B3 AFIB Advanced is clinically validated for many special patient groups and therefore provides accurate blood pressure measurements for everyone.
Tested and clinically proven for detecting atrial fibrillation
Recommended by doctor
Microlife AFIBsens™ detects AF with high accuracy (sensitivity 98%, specificity 92%) as demonstrated in multiple comparative studies with ECG. It can be used as a reliable screening test for early diagnosis.
Smart MAM (Microlife Average Mode)
Align with the latest hypertension management guideline recommendations of taking average of at least 2 measurements for blood pressure measurement
Pulse Arrhythmia Detection (PAD) analyses pulse frequency and screens for irregular heartbeat. If an irregular heartbeat occurs during the measurement, the PAD symbol is displayed. If PAD is detected frequently it is recommended to visit a physician to check for potential arrhythmia.
99 data memory
Automatic storage of the last 99 measurement values
Dynamic cuff pressure control using Intelligent inflation and deflation technology (active liner valve)
Cuff fit check
Indicates correct cuff fitting for accurate measurements
Soft cuff 22-42cm
Suitable for all common arm sizes
Conical cuff shape
Provides a better fit for improved accuracy
For long lasting, hygienic use
Traffic light indicator
Easy to read classification of blood pressure result that is aligned with the latest editions ESC, ESH, and JSH Hypertension management guideline.
Extra large screen
The display size is large and easy to read especially for the elderly impaired
Adjustable time and date
For easier follow-up of the blood pressure values
- Fully-automatic for upper arm
- Low battery indicator
- Movement indicator
- Rechargeable battery-friendly
Microlife blood pressure monitors have been registered and approved by Medical Device Authority Malaysia. Microlife medical devices are approved for hospital use and guarantee the highest level of safety.
Microlife WatchBP devices have passed Quality standards of the European Hypertension Society (EHS), Highest A/A by the British Hypertension Society (BHS) A/A, AAMI / ISO validation protocols and tested by the German Society of Hypertension (Gütesiegel). It is clinically validated in patients with hypertension, hypotension, diabetes, pregnancy, pre-eclampsia, atherosclerosis, end-stage renal disease, obesity and the elderly.
* This device uses the same measuring technology as the award winning "BP 3BTO-A" model tested according to the British and Irish Hypertension Society (BIHS) protocol.
Micolife AFIB (Atrial Fibrillation detection) as recommended by NICE, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, UK. Microlife AFIB is the only FDA and MDD cleared technology for Atrial Fibrillation screening in oscillometer blood pressure monitor.
- Size: 138 x 94.5 x 62.5 mm
- Weight: 402 g (including batteries)
- Cuff pressure display range: 0 - 299 mmHg
- Measuring procedure: oscillometric, corresponding to Korotkoff method: Phase I systolic, Phase V diastolic
- Measurement range: 20 - 280 mmHg – blood pressure, 30 - 199 beats per minute – pulse
- Static accuracy: pressure within ± 3 mmHg
- Pulse accuracy: ± 5 % of the readout value
- New Battery: 4 x 1.5 V, size AA alkaline batteries
- Rechargeable battery: NiMH type
- Adapter: DC 6V, 600 mA (optional)
We grant you a 5-year warranty after the date of purchase. Any damage caused by improper handling shall not be covered by the guarantee. The cuff is included for the functional guarantee for 2 years. Batteries and parts that become worn with use are not included.
A guarantee claim must be submitted with the purchase receipt. Please contact Microlife Service department @ 03-5542 8483 (ext 223/226).
What is Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial Fibrillation is the most common cardiac arrhythmia and a major risk factor of stroke. The AFIBsens™ algorithm of Microlife has been clinically investigated by several prominent clinical investigators and showed that the device detects patients with AF at a certainty of 97-100%.* Regular screening at home using a Microlife blood pressure monitor with AFIBsens™ technology, followed by treatments, can prevent 68% of AF-related strokes.
* Kearley K, Selwood M, Van den Bruel A, Thompson M, Mant D, Hobbs FR et al.: Triage tests for identifying atrial fibrillation in primary care: a diagnostic accuracy study comparing single-lead ECG and modified BP monitors. BMJ Open 2014; 4:e004565.
Who should be screened for Atrial Fibrillation
AF screening is recommended for people over 65 years of age, since the chance of having a stroke increases with age. AF screening is also recommended for people from the age of 50 years who have high blood pressure (e.g. SYS higher than 159 or DIA higher than 99) as well as those with diabetes, coronary heart failure or for those who have previously had a stroke.
How to measure blood pressure
- Avoid activity, eating or smoking immediately before the measurement.
- Sit down on a back-supported chair and relax for 5 minutes. Keep the feet flat on the floor and do not cross your legs.
- Always measure on the same arm (normally left). It is recommended that doctors perform double arm measurements on a patients first visit in order to determine which arm to measure in the future. The arm with the higher blood pressure should be measured.
- Remove close-fitting garments from the upper arm. To avoid constriction, shirt sleeves should not be rolled up - they do not interfere with the cuff if they are laid flat.
- Always ensure that the correct cuff size is used (marking on the cuff).
- Support your arm so it is relaxed.
- Ensure that the cuff is at the same height as your heart.