Microlife Blood Pressure Monitor A2 Basic
The Microlife A2 Basic is an oscillometric blood pressure monitor that enables a comfortable and accurate upper arm blood pressure measurement at home. This blood pressure monitor records up to 30 measurement values and is equipped with PAD technology for the early recognition of heart arrhythmias.
Pulse Arrhythmia Detection (PAD) analyses pulse frequency and screens for irregular heartbeat. If an irregular heartbeat occurs during the measurement, the PAD symbol is displayed. If PAD is detected frequently it is recommended to visit a physician to check for potential arrhythmia.
30 data memory
Automatic storage of the last 30 measurement values
Optimal speed and pressure control using inflation and deflation technology (active liner valve)
M-L Soft cuff 22-42cm
Suitable for all common arm sizes
Conical cuff shape
Provides a better fit for improved accuracy
Adjustable time and date
For easier follow-up of the blood pressure values
Traffic light indicator
Easy to read classification of blood pressure result
Gives useful information about the general blood pressure level of all readings on the device
Cuff check indicator
Indicates correct cuff fitting for accurate measurements
- Fully-automatic for upper arm
- Arm movement indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Rechargeable battery-friendly
Microlife blood pressure monitors have been registered and approved by Medical Device Authority Malaysia. Microlife medical devices are approved for hospital use and guarantee the highest level of safety.
Microlife WatchBP Home A is the only blood pressure monitor officially recommended by National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), for use during routine blood pressure measurement for all GP’s and primary care professionals in the United Kingdom (NHS).
Microlife WatchBP devices have passed Quality standards of the European Hypertension Society (EHS), Highest A/A by the British Hypertension Society (BHS) A/A, AAMI / ISO validation protocols and tested by the German Society of Hypertension (Gütesiegel). It is clinically validated in patients with hypertension, hypotension, diabetes, pregnancy, pre-eclampsia, atherosclerosis, end-stage renal disease, obesity and the elderly.
* This device uses the same measuring technology as the award winning "BP 3BTO-A" model tested according to the British and Irish Hypertension Society (BIHS) protocol.
- Size: 135.5 x 82 x 57 mm
- Weight: 340 g
- Cuff pressure display range: 0 - 299 mmHg
- Measuring procedure: oscillometric, corresponding to Korotkoff method: Phase I systolic, Phase V diastolic
- Measurement range: 20 - 280 mmHg – blood pressure, 40 - 200 beats per minute – pulse
- Static accuracy: pressure within ± 3 mmHg
- Pulse accuracy: ± 5 % of the readout value
- New Battery: 4 x 1.5 V, size AA alkaline batteries
- Rechargeable battery: NiMH type
- Adapter: DC 6V, 600 mA
We grant you a 5-year warranty after the date of purchase. Any damage caused by improper handling shall not be covered by the guarantee. The cuff is included for the functional guarantee for 2 years. Batteries and parts that become worn with use are not included.
A guarantee claim must be submitted with the purchase receipt. Please contact Microlife Service department @ 03-5542 8483 (ext 223/226).
How to measure blood pressure
- Avoid activity, eating or smoking immediately before the measurement.
- Sit down on a back-supported chair and relax for 5 minutes. Keep the feet flat on the floor and do not cross your legs.
- Always measure on the same arm (normally left). It is recommended that doctors perform double arm measurements on a patients first visit in order to determine which arm to measure in the future. The arm with the higher blood pressure should be measured.
- Remove close-fitting garments from the upper arm. To avoid constriction, shirt sleeves should not be rolled up - they do not interfere with the cuff if they are laid flat.
- Always ensure that the correct cuff size is used (marking on the cuff).
- Support your arm so it is relaxed.
- Ensure that the cuff is at the same height as your heart.