1. Helps With Red Blood Cell Formation and Anemia Prevention
Vitamin B12 is involved in red blood cell formation. When vitamin B12 levels are too low, the production of red blood cells is altered, causing megaloblastic anemia.
2. May Support Bone Health and Prevent Osteoporosis
Vitamin B12 may play a vital role in your bone health. Low blood levels of this vitamin have been associated with an increased risk of osteoporosis.
3. May Reduce Your Risk of Macular Degeneration
Maintaining adequate levels of vitamin B12 decreases homocysteine levels in your blood. This may help prevent the development of age-related macular degeneration.
4. May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression
Vitamin B12 is needed for the production of serotonin, a chemical responsible for regulating mood. Vitamin B12 supplements may help improve mood in people with an existing deficiency.
5. May Benefit Your Brain by Preventing the Loss of Neurons
Vitamin B12 may help prevent brain atrophy and memory loss. More research is needed to conclude if supplementing with this vitamin can improve memory in those without a deficiency.
6. May Give You an Energy Boost
Vitamin B12 is involved in energy production in your body. Taking a supplement may improve your energy level, but only if you’re deficient in this vitamin.
7. May Improve Heart Health by Decreasing Homocysteine
Vitamin B12 can decrease blood homocysteine, a type of amino acid that is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. However, research does not currently support the claim that vitamin B12 reduces this risk.
8. Supports Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails
Healthy vitamin B12 levels are important for your hair, skin and nails. However, taking a supplement probably won’t improve your health in these areas if your levels are already sufficient.
Take Nature’s Bounty Vitamin B12 500mcg to provide nourishment for the occasional stress of daily living!